Sunday, January 25, 2015

Avoid Stinking Thinking!


Avoid “stinking thinking”!

Dr. George Hanbury, president of Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL often encourages staff, faculty, and students to avoid negative thoughts or what Zig Ziglar called, “stinking thinking”! Dr. Hanbury knows the connection between personal thoughts and their impact on organizational reality.



So recently I have been thinking out loud about THOUGHTS! During my growth plan reading and listening this week, the various authors and speakers all seem to have been speaking into my life about the value and importance of my thoughts. Here are a few lessons I have gathered:

  • The quality of my thoughts will drive the quality of my results. If I think big and think richly, my results will follow suit.
  • The nature of my thoughts will determine my self-concept. If I keep an accurate, yet positive outlook, my mind set will reflect that, thus my actions.
  • The position of my thoughts will allow me to act in an emotionally intelligent and mature way. If I take the high road and think beyond pettiness, jealously, and irritation, then I do not get mired in the path where such poor attitudes inevitably lead.



We often do not think about thoughts (if that even makes sense!), but it is incredibly powerful and empowering when we do! When I choose to get out of the weeds and minutia of everyday life and think expansively, creativity flows and possibilities emerge. I am able to move beyond the HERE and NOW and move to the more productive world of the IF and WHEN.

So I challenge you this week to become very aware of WHAT you are THINKING.
About yourself
    About your work
    About what is important to you

As always, if I can help you Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would love to hear from you. Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Co-Founder – Out Loud Strategies
Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM




No comments:

Post a Comment