Sunday, April 19, 2015

Make sure you are LIVING a legacy versus just waiting to LEAVE one!


Make sure you are LIVING a legacy versus just waiting to LEAVE one!




This weekend I had the privilege of connecting with some old college friends and classmates. In catching up on each other's lives I was struck by how much impact they were making in the lives of others. To a person they were making a difference. They were special needs educators, entrepreneurs, health professionals, career counselors, etc. and all satisfied in their careers. Along the way, they have raised great kids, overcome personal challenges, and never flinched from what life gave them. Come to think about it. The same is true for friends from high school and beyond. I seem to find myself in great company!

This got me thinking out loud about how we live and lead our lives NOW impacts what we leave eventually leave behind. You see these people are not waiting to leave a legacy. As leadership expert and author John Maxwell asserts, they are living their legacies the moment the morning alarm sounds!

To me living a legacy requires us to make some commitments.
  • It requires us to commit to selflessness.
  • It requires us to commit to being resilient.
  • It requires us to commit to endeavors and people that matter most.
  • It requires us to commit to think about ourselves less.
  • It requires us to commit to leading out loud!
Such commitments will have a cost, but I assure you it will be worth it. So what legacy are you living? Who are you impacting? Are you able to do what matters to you? What do you want your legacy to eventually be?  I have a strong feeling you are living more of a legacy than you think! I have a feeling your footprints have been light but your path strong and true!

As always, if I can help you Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would love to hear from you. Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Co-Founder – Out Loud Strategies
Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM




No comments:

Post a Comment