Sunday, June 7, 2015

First, Treat Everything As It Were The Last!


Recently, I was viewing author and sales guru Seth Godin’s presentation at the 2015 Leadercast event. Seth presented a scenario that got me thinking out loud about several things. This is important to your success so stay with me!

Seth said assume that due to some strange reason, the last child on earth will be born next year. If we were to know that, would we fail to provide that child the best care, education, etc.? Of course not! Now let’s take the scenario a logical step further. Assume that your next customer, client, patient, student, etc. was your last, however, a successful interaction with them would lead to thousands more. How would you treat them then?

You see, that is how I view my clients. I do not take anything or anyone for granted. I treat every client, presentation, or training like it could be my last. Such a mindset inspires me to provide my very best effort, to follow-up with my sponsor, to make sure I am meeting needs, and to provide as much creativity as I can muster.
  • How would your results change if you held a similar mindset?
  • What would be your return on just a little more investment?
  • How would you feel about yourself?
  • What new skills, attitudes, or capacities would you gain by looking at the world this way?

Try this approach for just one solid week and let me know if anything changed! Also, I strongly encourage you to attend the 2016 Leadercast event live in Atlanta, GA or at one of the simulcast sites (go to www.leadercast.com). 

As always, if I can help you Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would love to hear from you. Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Co-Founder – Out Loud Strategies
Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM



No comments:

Post a Comment