Sunday, February 8, 2015

What you THINK about, you BECOME about!


 What you think about, you become about!

Author Scott Fay states that our CURRENT REALITY; thus our RESULTS, are a product of our very best thinking! In other words, what we think about, we become about. If you think about it, most of us really don’t think about thinking if that makes any sense! We go through our daily lives consuming information, images, and concepts without any real consideration of how it impacts us.

Interestingly enough, we are very cognizant of what we feed ourselves physically, but we pay little attention to what we feed ourselves mentally, emotionally, or spiritually. Internet CEO, Tim Sanders, encourages us feed our minds good stuff by asking:
What is your mental breakfast during the first 45 minutes after you wake up?
Is it filled with Winning or Losing? Hope or Despair?

I have been experimenting with this very concept. Normally when I get up in the morning I, like a lot of you, turn on the TV. Usually it landed on Dog the Bounty Hunter (don’t ask!) but as nice as Dog Chapman is, was he and his exploits getting my day off to a productive start? What if I started with music or silence interrupted only by positive affirmations – what I was looking forward to that day, how I could add value to someone, maybe even an idea for a new blog topic!

The result was that it gave me better results, focus, and energy. Instead of watching a depressing TV drama or troubling news, I started to focus on what was possible and better! So what are you thinking about?
  • Are you thinking about regrets or focusing on possibilities?
  • Are you thinking about what you can’t do or what you can?
  • Are you thinking about what you have to do or what you want to do?

The very important point is this. Our thoughts shape our reality. I know that sounds kind of metaphysical but if you think about it, it makes sense. If we have a goal or an ambition, then we turn our conscious and subconscious thoughts toward that, it focuses our energy, efforts, and movements. Now that kind of intentional thinking will not create instant results (I am still waiting on that five-figure speaking/training contract!) but it allows me to focus my efforts so I will be ready and able to deliver when that day comes! It becomes my very best thinking. What is yours?

As always, if I can help you Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would love to hear from you. Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Co-Founder – Out Loud Strategies
Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM




No comments:

Post a Comment