Sunday, January 3, 2016

It’s a New Year, time for a New WORD!



(Yanet Glacier in Denali National Park) 

 In an earlier blog I shared author and motivational speaker John Gordon introduced a fascinating tool to drive personal and organizational FOCUS. Essentially, the strategy is to pick ONE WORD to act as a theme or direction for one year that will drive efforts, focus energy, and affirm values. This got me thinking out loud about how I did this year.

At the 2015 World Leaders Conference, John gave the example of his word for the current year was “RISE”. To him, it meant rising above challenges to flourish, grow and achieve as well as bring others along the way. My word this year was “EXPLORE”. As a result, I traveled to awe inspiring locations in Alaska and New Mexico (thus the pictures this week!). I also explored new opportunities with my consulting business (more to come on that). Finally, I continued to explore how I could improve as a leader, especially in the area of STAYING IN INTEGRITY at all times.

What could your ONE WORD be? This is not easy to do but try first to create a short description of what you WANT TO DO this year and then boil it down to ONE WORD. That one word must have meaning to you but I have listed some examples below:
Grow
Impact
Thrive


(Kasha-Kutwe Tent Rocks) 

To learn more about the World Leaders Conference (March 2-3, 2016 at the West Palm Beach Convention Center) visit http://www.worldleadersconference.com. Also, as a free bonus to any reader, due to my association with the John Maxwell Team, I can offer a live call with John Maxwell on January 7th at 5:00 PM EST who will provide a teaching on INTENTIONAL (not a bad word there!) Living. The dial-in numbers are (862) 234-4718(832) 225-5200(832) 225-5218 and the passcode is 88998899 #. Or, the call can be listened to through a computer or mobile device, by clicking this audio link at the start time: https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/1367/12558

My wish is that 2016 is a GREAT Year for you and if I can help you and the people you associate with Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would invite you to visit my website below and see if any of the training or coaching experiences I offer can provide an impact! Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Co-Founder – Out Loud Strategies
Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM

Email = bill@outloudinc.com

Visit our website at: www.outloudinc.com

Feel free to “LIKE” our FB Page www.facebook.com/outloudinc


No comments:

Post a Comment