Sunday, October 16, 2016

Success is a Series of “Do It Now’s”!


I love college football. The pageantry and still relative purity of play for the love of the game is very appealing. Often I wonder what separates the winning teams from those that do not even when they may have not parity in terms of facilities, equipment, budgets, etc. This got me thinking out loud that those who succeed even when success is stacked against them is the LEVEL OF INTENSITY they bring to EVERY action, every interaction, every intention. In short, successful people and teams “Do It Now” EVERY TIME!

Some of my favorite teams to watch right now (next to my alma mater) is the University of Tennessee and Clemson University. These teams find a way to win even when behind with seconds to play! In fact, I saw a funny sign on College Game Day on ESPN that read “Tennessee’s Game Plan:
1.Half-Time
2.?????
3.Miracle!”

The point being is that this team plays every play. They hold nothing in reserve. They approach each play like it is the most important one! And is that my friends, why they seem to pull off miracle wins! But really it is no miracle, it is the commitment to Do It Now!

The same should be true for us when we are approaching something important.
You have an important relationship to fix? Do It Now!
You have an important meeting to plan for? Do It Now!
You have an important project to complete? Do It Now!
You have a great idea to initiate? Do It Now!
You have a community service initiative? Do It Now!
You have a goal or dream that moves you? DO . . .  IT . . .  NOW!!!!

The point in all of this is there is NO REASON to pace yourself. No reason to hold back and save it for later. You WILL have ALL the energy you need when you need it! I often heard it said that the best ideas are not always those who originated the concept, it is whoever brought it to market the fastest! SUCCESS truly is a commitment to Do It Now!

Of all the reasons why I value my association with the John Maxwell Team, the primary one is the access to all the teaching and wisdom John offers. I once heard John share that he had a mentor early in his career who encouraged him to start every day by saying “Do It Now” 50 times! Now that sounds like a lot but it certainly provided him the mindset that has made him one of the most successful authors, speakers, and trainers of leadership and personal effectiveness in the world today!

As always if I can help you and the people you associate with Get Better, Be Ready and LEAD OUT LOUD, I would invite you to email me or to visit my website below and see if any of the training or coaching experiences I offer can provide an impact! Also, as a bonus, if you go to my Out Loud Strategies website (www.outloudinc.com) and enter your contact information, I will send you a FREE guide to establishing a mentoring initiative program in your organization! Such an initiative would be critical in order to add value to your organization!

Yours in Leadership,

Bill Faulkner

Principal Consultant – Out Loud Strategies

Independent Coach, Speaker, and Trainer with the John Maxwell Team TM

Email = bill@outloudinc.com

Visit our website at: www.outloudinc.com


Feel free to “LIKE” our FB Page www.facebook.com/outloudinc

No comments:

Post a Comment